Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Making of Killer Nails

This is my 100th post!! I can't believe I've made it this far and that people other than my old roommate and my mom follow me (even though I love and appreciate them so much!!).

Today I thought I'd talk a little about where Killer Nails came from. I got into nail art last summer when I had a deathly boring full time job and not too much else going on.

 I used nail art as an outlet. I started toying around with the idea of making a blog and with the encouragement of my friends/family finally made a blogger account. Naming it was the most difficult part, my best friend Drew and I brainstormed and finally came up with Killer Nails (because we liked that it rhymed with killer whales).


Drew made this for me a couple of days after my first post. Isn't it perfect?! 

Given my blog's name, I thought it would be appropriate for me to do some Killer Whale Nails for my 100th post.



Sorry the quality isn't great! I left my camera battery charger in Tallahassee so I'm stuck using my parent's camera until I get a new charger.

For this manicure I started out with two coats of Color Craze Radiation. Then I drew on the whale shapes with a Sally Hansen French Manicure White Tip Pen. I painted the black on over it with Pure Ice Black Out.



I think these turned out cute, not my best work, but it was my first time drawing whales on my nails and one of the few times I've used a nail art pen so considering my limited experience, I'm pretty happy with the result!



Bonus picture of Drew's hand for making me that wonderfully ridiculous banner that took me so long to show off! Thanks Drew, love you !


I start nail school tomorrow, I'm super excited but also nervous. Wish me luck!

2 comments: