Monday, November 19, 2012

Turkey Nails

3 more days until Thanksgiving! 3 more days until I get to stuff my face with Tofurky and mashed potatoes and all that good stuff!

Nothing says Thanksgiving like turkeys, so I did some turkey nails.


Alright, so a few of them look like they're wearing those judge wigs, or maybe Native American headdresses, but they're mostly adorable!

These were pretty easy. I just painted on the bodies with Julep Boris & Nicole using a nailart brush. Then I painted on the beaks and legs/feet with Julep Blake. The eyes and feathers were done with dotting tools using Sally Hansen French Manicure Natural White, Sinful Colors Time Off (for the eyes) and Rimmel London Stiletto Red, Milani Awesome Orange, and Julep Blake.


This guy's definitely my favorite, even though there wasn't enough room to do the whites of his eyes.

I think his feather's turned out the best! They weren't cramped on my thumb like they were on my other fingers.


I took the lazy route for my right hand and made the turkey my accent nail and added some dots to make up for my laziness!


I'm working on ideas for other festive nails to do for Thanksgiving week, so stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment