Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cina Nail Art Decals and Polish Days

If you've never heard of Polish Days and you're a nail blogger, go check it out here.

If you're just hear to check out the nails, then welcome! I'm participating in Polish Days for the first time and the theme for today is try something new. So I decided to try out Nail Art Decals.



I am in love. Have been hit with cupid's arrow. If I could marry these nails, I would.

Now, I wasn't expecting to like nail art decals. As a matter of fact, I've been avoiding them. I thought they would look tacky. But these, they're gold. (Not the price of gold though, they were only $5!)

For my base, I used two coats of Wet n Wild Tickled Pink. I, of course, had to pair my black & white decals with pink polish.



You have to then wait for your polish to completely dry, otherwise the decals won't stick.

Once it's dry, you grab a decal with a tweezer and place it on your nail. They almost absorb into your nail, it's pretty cool actually.

I put a vintage filter on this picture because I liked the look of it. Don't judge me.

To keep the decals firmly in place (and make them last longer), I sealed them in with a coat of Seche Vite.



And for once my right hand turned out just as good as my left! Two thumbs up for nail decals.

I might be M.I.A. for a few days because I love these way too much to take them off prematurely. Don't fret though. While I'm away you can check out my fellow bloggers that participated in Polish Days:



8 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for taking a few days off to enjoy such a lovely mani. The decals look great over Tickled Pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...so cute! Love the color and the design. You def did a great job here. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I scrolled down to the comment box, already composing my message in my head, and then stopped when I read the last comment showing. Because her first sentence is EXACTLY what I was going to say! Aw, heck, this mani is an overdose of cute, so it deserves the repetition...

    Awww...so cute! Seriously, I want to make googly eyes and squeal, "Kawai!" like an anime character! Heh. Seriously, though, they're really pretty and you did a great job artistically placing them. Yay for new technique usage! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iroshi! I don't know anyone who minds getting the same compliment twice :)

      Delete