Monday, January 21, 2013

Quilted Glitter Nails

I didn't tell you guys, but last week I broke one of my nails down to the nail plate. I had to chop the rest of my nails off too which I think my nails probably need sometimes.

But when my nails are so short I just don't feel inspired to do any nailart. I'm like a little kid pouting in the corner. So today I'm jumping back on the wagon.



Quilted nails are something I tried during my 10 Days of Nail-mas but they turned out super messy, so I'm really pleased with them this time around!

I started out with two coats of Milani Disco Lights. Then using striping tape I made my quilt design and painted on a coat of Sephora by OPI Casanova Is So Into Me.



Then you just remove the tape and viola, you have a beautiful quilted design. I like the extra glitz the glitter adds to this manicure.



This manicure is simple to do (it does take a bit of time to put the striping tape on though) and looks great!


Thanks for stopping in, I hope everyones enjoying their Martin Luther King Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment