Thursday, January 17, 2013

Night Sky

The other day I was digging through the sale cosmetics at Walmart and I stumbled upon glow in the dark nail polish! Needless to say, I bought it and was super excited to do a manicure with it.

Let me just add that this was only $3, awesomeness!
This polish is called Pink Glow and is by Salon Perfect.

In the light, this polish is very sheer and is similar to a french manicure pink. I put on three pretty thick coats so I would get a nice light pink.

The polish by itself is super awesome, but I wanted to do a little more with it. So I decided to paint on some stars and a moon.



This is what my manicure looks like in the light. I used Stripe Rite Pink to paint on the stars and moon.

And now you'll have to excuse my pictures, I'm not a professional photographer so I don't have a DSLR camera. Because I was taking pictures in low light some of the pictures are a little blurry.



This is what my nails looked like in very low light. As you transition from light to dark, you start to get an almost radioactive glow.



And here are my nails in the complete dark! Aren't they lovely?!

I'm absolutely obsessed with this polish and I'm glad I decided to add my extra 'night sky' elements, it gives this manicure that extra oomph.



This polish is like most glow in the dark things and needs to be held in front light before it'll actually glow. 20 seconds in front of my lamp gave me a nice glow to take these pictures.


What do you guys think? Yay or nay on glow in the dark nail art?

No comments:

Post a Comment