Sunday, January 6, 2013

Shine Bright Like A Diamond

DISCLAIMER: I do not like Rihanna. Or not that song. It just happened to be the perfect title for this post.

So I went to Sally's on Friday and they had a bunch of Holiday polishes/nail wraps for sale. Naturally, I bought things I didn't really need. Gotta love after Christmas sales.



Example #1 of something I didn't really need. But I really wanted it, so it's kind of the same thing, right!?

I had to do a manicure that used these beautiful holo glitter polishes. I was especially feeling the silver, which is strange because normally I'm such a gold girl, but I ran with it.



This was the end result. Pink & silver diamonds, could there be anything greater in life? 

I started out with a base of China Glaze Immortal (also a sale item I picked up).


I've been desperately needing a gray polish. I really like this one because it has some shimmer too it, but it's still a nice, dark gray.

After Immortal, I laid on the China Glaze Glistening Snow.



I love holo glitter. Almost more than I love regular holo polishes. I could've easily left these and been a happy camper, but I wanted to give you all a little more to gaze at.

So I got out my Stripe Rite Pink (a favorite of mine if you haven't noticed). 



I thought diamonds were the perfect design for this sparkly gray polish. I originally did them in black, but I didn't like the way they turned out so I went back and did them in pink.



This picture is blurry, but it shows off how sparkly and pretty the holo glitter actually is!



My thumb is definitely my favorite nail! The diamond turned out the cleanest.


Wish me luck tomorrow on my first day back to classes this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment