Saturday, June 29, 2013

Nutra Nail Gel Perfect Review

We get a lot of nail related gifts from my teacher (why, I still don't know) and one thing she gave me was Nutra Nail Gel Perfect.



It comes in a package like this. With the three following things:


From left to right you have the Brush Cleaner, Gel Color (mine was Peony), and the Gel Activator.

They recommend opening all the bottles before beginning so I did. Then you apply a thick coat of Activator on one hand (enough so that your nails appear shiny, as per their instructions). The Activator smelled like nail glue to me, and honestly I think that's all that it was.

Moving quickly, then apply a thin coat of the gel polish to your nails. After you've done so, wipe off the brush of the polish and then put it into the Brush Cleaner.

Repeat these steps on your other hand.

Then move on to the second coat. To apply the second coat, you must also apply the Activator again. Then apply the Gel Color. Finish it off with another coat of Activator and seal the free edge.


This is what it looks like in the end. I wasn't a big fan of the color (I'm not big on shimmery colors) and it didn't really look like gel.

After only a few hours my nails looked like this:


And the next day they were even worse:



Overall, I was not at all satisfied with this polish. The polish was thin, ungel-like and chipped super easily. You'd be better off using regular polish rather than this. 

I soaked the remaining polish off with acetone. I don't think I'll ever be using this again, applying it was a major waste of time for the results I received! I'm just glad I didn't actually purchase this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment