Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Blood Splatter Nails

Tomorrow's finally Halloween!

I have some kinda gruesome, really awesome splatter nails to show you today.


For this manicure, I started out with two coats of Julep Kate and then using a straw, made the splatters with Revlon Raven Red. 

I had some difficulty getting the polish to splatter at first. If you're going to do this technique, you need to make sure to completely cover the opening of the straw with polish and blow sharply

I found it was easiest to cover the opening of the straw by painting it directly with the nail polish brush.


The two pictures above are of my right hand. I kept the straw pretty close to my nails so I got a thick splatter effect.

When doing my left hand I held the straw a little further away, so the splatters came out thinner.



I'm not sure which look I like better. I'm leaning more towards the thicker splatters!

My favorite nail was from my left hand, though.


I feel like it looks like classic blood splatter. If there even is such a thing!

This technique was pretty messy. I put vaseline around my nails which helped some but I still had to go back with nail polish remover and clean them out. 

Despite the clean up, I'm really pleased with how they turned out!





1 comment: