Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Autism Awareness

As I'm sure many of you know, April is Autism Awareness Month. I'm a little late doing these nails, but hey better late than never.

For more information about Autism or to find a way to give to those affected by Autism visit Autism Speaks.




For these puzzle piece nails I started out with two coats of NYC Lexington Yellow. Then I taped off rectangles and painted on Essie Coat Azure, Nina Ultra Pro Blu Blaze, and Rimmel London Stiletto Red.

To turn my squares into puzzle pieces I added some dots using a dotting tool.



I personally don't know anyone who has Autism, but I have volunteered with kids with Autism in the past.

I'm currently going to school to become a Speech Language Pathologist so I will probably be working with many kids with Autism in the future. I think this is a disorder that children in particular especially need to be informed about, so that those children with Autism will feel less isolated and be better understood by their peers.



If you don't know too much about Autism, take a few minutes and do some research, it will make you all the more wiser!


Thanks for stopping in and listening to me standing on my little soapbox. Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment