Monday, April 8, 2013

Indulge in Some Cupcakes

Feeling gluttonous? It's time for Polish Days once again and this time the theme was the Seven Deadly Sins!

I thought about this for days and days and finally my friend gave me the suggestion of doing some kind of sweets to represent gluttony. Genius!



This wasn't my first time doing cupcake nails. Last time I did them I used yellow and pink for the wrappers so I wanted to switch it up this time!

For the base of this manicure I used two coats of Julep Lynn.



Then I painted on Nina Ulta Pro Blu Blaze on the tips of my nails. I added the stripes with Stripe Rite Green.

The frosting was done with Stripe Rite Pink. The sprinkles were done with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Twisted Pink, Love & Beauty Light Blue, and NYC Lexington Yellow.  I added a dot of Milani Disco Lights for an extra little sparkle!



I can't decide whether I like these or my first cupcake nails more! I think I definitely got the technique down better this time around :)

Check out the rest of the Saints and Sinners who participated in Polish Days:



9 comments:

  1. om nom! lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty!
    Love the idea <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hy there!! I have found your blog and I'm very glad because you have a lot of interesting subject and you make gorgeous nail designs. I will follow you for sure. If you are in the mood for some nail designs please do not hesitate to visit my blog too. Kisses and thanks in advance.
    http://roxyru.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roxana. I'll be sure to check out your blog and nail designs :)

      Delete
  4. Very cute! Cupcakes are the best!

    ReplyDelete