Friday, April 12, 2013

Basketcase Nails

Two postings in one day! This is a first but definitely not a last :)

Today I decided to try a yummy design that I always see on WAH Nails.



Apparently these babies are called basketcase nails, which I didn't know until I peeked on WAH Nails's Instagram 2 minutes ago.

My obsession with teal is still raging, so I started out this manicure with two coats of Julep Daphne (pretty sure I've posted enough swatches of Daphne on here for a lifetime).



I started with my thumb and used striping tape, but while I was painting on the lines I realized I didn't really need striping tape so I spared myself the tedious cutting and painstaking tape placing and freehanded the rest of my hand!

I used Sally Hansen French Manicure Natural White for the lines and they surprisingly turned out pretty even.



I have one compliant about this manicure and that is my topcoat made it smeary! I don't know if it's me and my impatience or if it's the topcoat but Sally Hansen Insta Dri and I have not been getting along. 


I think I'm going to have to convert back to Seche Vite. I'm really missing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment