Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mermaids in December

So I realize it's 50 degrees outside, and that Christmas is less than 2 weeks away, but I've been wanting to do mermaid nails for a while and I do live in Florida so they're appropriate any time of the year, right?

Right.



Speaking of right, this is my right hand and I think it turned out better than my left... again!

My mom always used to say she thought I was supposed to be left handed because I hold pencils/pens weird, so maybe her theory's correct and it's just now showing!

As you can see, I used a ton of polishes for this design, but the base is Julep Daphne.



The other polishes I used were Relvon Gray Suede,  Maybelline Color Show Amethyst Ablaze, Maybelline Color Show Navy Narcissist, Julep Susie, Sally Hansen Extreme Wear Golden, and a dark green shimmery E.l.f. polish that's nameless.

My left hand wasn't bad I had just made the 'scales' smaller.



I love the way these nails look but they take a good while to do which is why I only did them as accents nails.

This is the tutorial I followed if you're interested in how to do these.

Well off to study! Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment