Saturday, December 22, 2012

Santa's Jacket- Day 8

For today's nails I got to try out a technique that I've been wanting to do for quite a while. 

A velvet manicure. 



When I first saw velvet manicures, I have to admit I was kinda grossed out. But they've really grown on me.

To get this look, you have to buy flocking powder. I got a pack of 5 different colors at Michael's for $5!  This is a great deal considering Ciate sells one vial of powder and a polish for $20. Yikes!



This look is very easy to achieve, you don't have to be a nail expert by any means to do this manicure.

First, you paint on a coat of polish. I used Rimmel London Stiletto Red. Then after it dries you do a second coat and dunk your nails into the flocking powder while it's still wet. Then you just gently push down on your nails to secure the powder. 

To clean up the powder around my nails, I just used a small brush to wipe it all away.

To make these a little more Christmasy, I decided to add a belt and a buckle to them to make them look like Santa's jacket.



The polish was a little difficult going on over the flocking powder, but you can't see the bumps and bruises in person.

These nails were really fun and easy to do. I can't stop petting my nails either!



No comments:

Post a Comment