Sunday, December 30, 2012

Navy and Pink Dot Gradient

I've taken a little vacation from doing my nails. I've got some exciting things going on, I'm in the beginning stages of learning how to scuba dive and am seriously considering becoming a certified nail technician this summer. Oh, and I played Halo for the first time last night!

But you know I'll always have time for my nails. So yesterday I did a nice little dot gradient.



This was actually my first time doing a dot gradient and I really love the look of it.

I started out with two coats of Maybelline Color Show Navy Narcissist.



This is such a beautiful metallic blue. But I was looking for more than just a pretty polish job, so I got out my Sinful Colors Easy Going. 

Easy Going is actually a very light pink, but in my pictures it looks like a white polish. It's not though!



I just took one of my medium sized dotting tools and put the dots close together at the top of my nail. Each row after I put the dots further and further away. I switched to the small side of the dotting tool on the third row.



These nails are super cute and so easy to do if you have a dotting tool! If not, you can get a set for super cheap on ebay, mine was less than $2.

I've got some fun nails planned for New Year's Eve tomorrow, so make sure you stop by and see them before you bring in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment